Re: OpenDKIM 2.5.1 Crashes On Certain Messages

From: John Merriam <john_at_johnmerriam.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 09:16:19 -0400

On 04/01/2012 02:50 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, John Merriam wrote:
>> I may be completely wrong, but reading the code, I think OpenDKIM is
>> exiting via the assert call on line 5293 in opendkim.c:
>> [...]
>
> Your analysis is right on the money. However, there is a slightly
> simpler patch, attached. Please give this a try as well (and I'll do so
> myself tomorrow).

Your patch seems to work as well. It looks a little nicer when browsing
the code. I'm not entirely sure it's what you want to do though.

In your patch you moved domain = dkim_getdomain() outside the if
(conf->conf_localadsp_db != NULL) {} which means you are calling
dkim_getdomain() unnecessarily when LocalADSP is not set in the .conf.
Not a big deal I guess, but you might or might not want to do that.

--
John Merriam