Re: OpenDKIM 2.5.1 Crashes On Certain Messages

From: John Merriam <john_at_johnmerriam.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:28:56 -0400

On 03/31/2012 05:31 PM, John Merriam wrote:
> I am attaching a patch which should correct the program termination
> problem. I haven't had time to test it yet. You may want to do something
> different than what I did which is basically just a work around.

It seems that my patch fixes the problem. After patching and
re-enabling LocalADSP in my .conf, I can send that problem message back
through my server with no problems. Switch back to the original 2.5.1
code and the problem returns.

Additionally it seems that my simple patch probably allows the correct
behavior to occur in OpenDKIM. The problem message ends up with the
following Authentication-Results header after passing through OpenDKIM
with my patch:

        (can't determine sender address) header.i=unknown

I will leave it running with my patch and LocalADSP enabled for a while
to see if it truly is fixed.

It's always satisfying to squash another bug! :)

Thanks again!

--
John Merriam