Re: warning: milter inet:127.0.0.1:8891: can't read SMFIC_DATA reply packet header: Success

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:44:46 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Toqeer Ali wrote:
> Thank Murray for the prompt response - so you think I should Install
> dk-milter instead of opendkim? I start installing dkmilter but I could
> not find RPM in the tutorial you just suggested. The following link says
> not found.
>
> rpm -Uvh
> http://www.topdog-software.com/oss/dk-milter/dk-milter-0.6.0-1.i386.rpm

That's not my tutorial. It was just a place that had dealt with the
postfix error you'd seen.

If you're looking for a complete tutorial, try this:

http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2011/08/installing-opendkim-rpm-via-yum-with-postfix-or-sendmail-for-rhel-centos-fedora/

"dk-milter" is a DomainKeys signing and verifying filter that's buggy and
no longer supported, and DomainKeys is the old spec that was replaced by
DKIM. You should stick with OpenDKIM for this work.

-MSK