Re: DKIM, Sendmail and Feature(`nocanonify') - Was Re: SA DKIM related bug 6462 - Possibly Gmail, Sendmail and/or Thunderbird related?

From: Kevin A. McGrail <KMcGrail_at_PCCC.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:59:00 -0500

> I should add that you seem to assert that what sendmail does is copy
> the envelope sender to the To: field, which is not what's happening.
> The description of the "nocanonify" feature says:
Agreed. I was using copy in the least technical form. A better
statement I was trying to say is the To: header ends up formatted the
same as the rcpt to: data in Received due to sendmail's canonify
feature. I have a feeling the received header is written with the same
canonicalization functionality.

regards,
KAM