Re: SA DKIM related bug 6462 - Possibly Gmail, Sendmail and/or Thunderbird related?

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:36:07 -0800

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Claus Assmann
<ml+opendkim-users_at_esmtp.org> wrote:
>> mail from: <kmcgrail_at_PCCC.com>
> Still wrong, no space after colon.

Somewhat related to the above, I have both a sendmail system and an
exim system. Based on some email in the exim ML that pointed out that
requirement of no space after the colon I decided to do a little
research. I've not enough m4 fu to do this on sendmail, so I
configured my exim system to log and insert headers for any MAIL FROM
and RCPT TO that had a space after the colon. The amount of MUA's
that include that space when submitting messages is mind boggling.

I don't reject connections based on RBLs until the rcpt phase because
I want to see both sender and intended recipients. Since Sunday, on
one machine:
MAIL FROM: <space> 128991
RCPT TO: <space> 235080

Some of this, yeah, is botnet traffic. But based on previously
examining the logs, much of this is authenticated traffic too.

...Todd

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the