Re: multithreaded environment ? (better now: multi-core environment)

From: Claus Assmann <ml+opendkim-users_at_esmtp.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 10:50:27 -0800

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011, Frank Gadegast wrote:

> Thats what I mean, opendkim is only running on one CPU.

How did you check that? If you have multiple connections going on
concurrently, libmilter will create several threads (as Murray
explained).

> Multi-threaded on a single CPU does not help a lot these days,

It's up to your OS to properly support POSIX threads if
multiple CPUs ("cores") are available.

Maybe you can provide some information about your testing,
i.e., what's your setup, what are the results?