Re: can't read SMFIC_BODY reply packet header: Success

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 01:53:45 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
> No, as far as I can see it didn't. I assume the name of the core would just
> be 'core'?

Linux is picky about under which conditions it will leave a core; see
http://linux.die.net/man/5/core. That page also tells you how it will be
named. The EnableCoreDumps config file item sets PR_SET_DUMPABLE with
prctl(), which you'll see referenced at that page in the case that you're
using UserID (which you are) to run as a different user.

If getting a core is too much of a pain, you could also recompile opendkim
with "--enable-debug" set, modify your configuration file so that
Background and Autorestart are set to "False", comment out UserID, then
run opendkim inside gdb (either as "root" or as the "dkim" user), and
reproduce the problem from there. That should capture the assertion
failure inside the debugger.

In either case, typing "where" inside gdb once you've captured the problem
will get you a stack trace on the thread that hit the assertion failure,
which is a good starting place to figuring out what's going on here.

-MSK