OpenDKIM verify config question

From: Christian Roessner <c_at_roessner-network-solutions.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:24:09 +0100

Hi,

this is my first posting here on this list. I started diving into OpenDKIM and using it in two instances. One signing, one verifying mail. The first one is doing fine so far. I have just a little issue with verify. Not that it wouldn't work, but OpenDKIM does not add Authentication-Resulat header for mail that is not on a VBR list like dwl.spamhaus.org.

If I send a mail with the address c_at_roessner-network-solutions.com, the receiving mail system adds one header for the DKIM pass line and one for the VBR validation.

If answering to this address, the receiving mail system does not add any header. But I can see in syslog that DKIM was verified successfully.

Maybe a little bit confusing:

System a and b are two MTAs with OpenDKIM-2.4.2. I have one mail account on each side, so I can do testing in both directions. The systems are configured identical.

Here is my verify config:

----------
# file: /etc/opendkim-verify.conf

LogWhy yes
Syslog yes
SyslogSuccess yes

Statistics /var/lib/opendkim/stats-verify

Socket inet6:8891_at_[::1]
Background no

SendReports yes

AlwaysAddARHeader yes

Mode v

On-BadSignature reject

RemoveARAll yes

TemporaryDirectory /var/lib/opendkim/tmp

UserID opendkim:opendkim

VBR-TrustedCertifiers dwl.spamhaus.org
----------

OpenDKIM was compiled like this:

----------
./configure \
  --sysconfdir=/etc/opendkim \
  --localstatedir=/var \
  --with-milter \
  --with-openldap \
  --with-openssl \
  --with-sasl \
  --enable-adsp_lists \
  --enable-stats \
  --enable-vbr \
  --enable-parsetime
----------

So hopefully, I did not miss information here.

I would expect that OpenDKIM adds always a Authentication-Result header.

Best wishes and many thanks in advance for helping me on this

Christian
---
Roessner-Network-Solutions
Bachelor of Science Informatik