Re: Relating to Domains..

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:16:26 -0700

At 12:27 29-09-2011, N. wrote:
>http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/index.html?IntegratingWithServer.Postfix.html
>made those modifications and email sends fine

The fact that email sends fine is not relevant. What you are using
is a Mail Transport Agent that is configured to speak to a web server
instead of using SMTP to relay mail. The guide you pointed to does
not contain any information on how to sign the message with DKIM.

>- enabled verbose logging in postfix, still not getting log
>information on sending in maillog (added -v to amazon line), but
>mailing through a perl script

You are assuming that Postfix is working as it would in a standard
setup. You are not using a standard setup.

>- with opendkim setup I used this guide:

That guide is probably written for people who have a standard Postfix setup.

>- got that from this post:
>https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=279170

I prefer not to comment about that.

Regards,