Re: Relating to Domains..

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 09:28:59 -0700

At 08:53 24-09-2011, N. wrote:
>I followed the directions to the "T" on Steve's setup blog post.
>However, obviously I'm missing something. But, messages are being sent
>and received, and OpenDKIM is starting up. I did put the lines in
>Postfix's config file. Here is the log - you can see at the end
>nothing is there referencing the sent message:
>
>Sep 24 11:46:13 private opendkim[27791]: OpenDKIM Filter: mi_stop=1
>Sep 24 11:46:13 private opendkim[27791]: OpenDKIM Filter v2.4.2
>terminating with status 0, errno = 0
>Sep 24 11:46:14 private opendkim[31647]: OpenDKIM Filter v2.4.2
>starting (args: -x /etc/opendkim.conf -P
>/var/run/opendkim/opendkim.pid)
>Sep 24 11:46:17 private postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix
>mail system
>Sep 24 11:46:17 private postfix/master[26846]: reload configuration
>/etc/postfix

There should be other log entries if the message is being passed
through opendkim. Even if the message is not being DKIM signed,
LogWhy will show opendkim evaluating the message to determine whether
it should be DKIM signed.

Is the host a192-14.smtp-out.amazonses.com?

BTW, the above log extract does not even show that the message is
being sent out. As the message was sent out, this points to
incorrect logging or you are reading the wrong log file. As a first
step, I suggest that find out how to get that information. See
http://lists.opendkim.org/archive/opendkim/users/2011/09/1363.html
for an example of the information that Postfix should normally log
when a message is sent out.

>Here are the headers - you can see that DKIM is not referenced:

Please don't obfuscate as it makes debugging difficult.

Regards,
-sm