Re: OpenDKIM not doing anything on RHEL 6.1

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:01:34 -0700

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, Rory Jaffe wrote:
>>
>> Thanks--changing the entries to file: didn't do anything, but changing the
>> logging gave the following information when I restarted it and tried sending
>> again:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Sep 19 20:12:50 www opendkim[29591]: B56FB2A0B7A: no signing table match
>> for
>> 'root_at_www.chpso.org'
>
> According to your first email, your signing table entry is:
>
> chpso.org default._domainkey.chpso.org
>
> The string "chpso.org" doesn't match "www.chpso.org".  Try adding a second
> line for "www.chpso.org" (an explicit match), or simply prepend a "." to the
> one you have (which means "all subdomains of www.chpso.org").  If you also
> want to sign for "chpso.org" itself, you'll want two lines:
>
> chpso.org       default._domainkey.chpso.org
> .chpso.org      default._domainkey.chpso.org
>
> -MSK

Ah - yep. I bet this is it. :)

Murray - what would you think about having SyslogSuccess and LogWhy
both set to "True" by default in the EPEL package? I really don't
think they clog up the maillog that much. Have you seen how much noise
Postfix makes? :)

Also, Rory - I'm curious if you kept the auto-generated default keys
that the package built when you started the service for the first
time, or if you built your own (both will work fine).

Thanks,

SteveJ