Re: Signing Table Wildcard?

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:45:07 -0700

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> In other words, without the refile: lookup type being specified, it
>> treats an asterisk as simply an asterisk, not as a wildcard symbol.
> I think refile should be the default in the packaged conf file then.
> It's commented out anyway, but when they uncomment it, it's likely
> gonna be for multiple keys support, in which case refile is probably
> what they're gonna want. Comments?

Agreed 100%.

I suggest you consider including a sample signing_table file with some
verbose comments, maybe something like this:

# The following wildcard type works if
# refile:/path/to/signing_table is specified in
# the opendkim.conf
# *_at_example.com ...blahblah
#
# If refile: is not specified in opendkim.conf, then the matching
# occurs in the order:
# user_at_full.host.name, user_at_host.name, user_at_name
# full.host.name, and finally just user
# example.com ...blahblah

...Todd

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the