RE: opendkim performance

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:13:39 -0700

Have you done any profiling to see where it's bottlenecking?

There are some libmilter build-time features that do things like restrict libmilter to a fixed-size worker pool rather than making one thread per client. I don't recall how much faster that gets it going, though.

There's an open item to improve the speed at which canonicalization occurs, which is where libopendkim spends most of its time. I'm hoping to do that for the next release.