Re: Opendkim on Linux-Debain with ispCP Omega

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 06:17:42 -0700

Hi Fred,
At 04:24 28-08-2011, Subscribe wrote:
>I live in Canada and my server is in Dallas, Texas so I have the
>sever time set to match my time over here because I connect a audio
>encoder from here to Dallas but if I have to I will change back to Dallas time.

The time in Canada is generally the same as the time in Dallas.
:-) When we talk of time, it can be in UTC or local time and
timezone. If you want to match the time in Canada, set the timezone
to the one used in Canada.

>However, I hope that I am not a pain and taking up too much of your time.

It's not a pain.

> From the CONFIGURING OPENDKIM in the readme file "opendkim-testkey
> -d DOMAIN -s SELECTOR -k" I test: ~# opendkim-testkey -d
> cakafete.com -s mail -k /etc/mail/opendkim/keys/cakafete.com/mail
> and the result is: opendkim-testkey: empty key record, but I do
> have a key in "mail" which is my chosen selector.

;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mail._domainkey.cakafete.com. IN TXT

The NXDOMAIN means that the public key has not been published in DNS.

See DNS TXT record for DKIM at
http://www.elandsys.com/resources/mail/dkim/opendkim.html

>Secondly What should I be looking for if my Authentication Results
>has this "dkim=pass (1024-bit key; insecure key)
>header.i=_at_opendkim.org; dkim-adsp=pass"

The above means that mail from opendkim.org is DKIM signed and it
passed verification.

Regards,
-sm