RE: Double signing with OpenDKIM

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:09:19 -0700

It sounds to me like you want to sign customer email with a signature bearing your domain name, and your customers are fine with that.

In that case, you only need to tell OpenDKIM which domains belong to your customers and/or from which IP addresses such email will arrive. So first, set up a KeyTable like so:

key2011 zdirect.net:key2011:/path/to/key2011.private

Next, set up your InternalHosts table so that all IP addresses from which customer email arrives are included.

Finally, set up your SigningTable so that all customer email is signed with the above key. You can do that in one of two ways:

1) Just sign everything, if you think that's safe:

*_at_* key2011

2) Configure a SigningTable that does a lookup in some local database to find your customer domain list. OpenDKIM includes support for various SQL databases, LDAP, local Sleepycat DB files and local flat files.

Let us know if you need any other information.

-MSK