opendkim resource utilization

From: Nate Swenson <nswenson_at_btinet.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 15:04:58 -0500

I recently deployed opendkim in a Solaris 10 zone and at one point
noticed that the amount of memory consumed by the opendkim process was
about 1.3G (SIZE according to top). It is currently running at about 331M
(opendkim was recently restarted on June 1st). What are the best practices
to keep the amount of memory consumed in check? Or is it best just to let
it take what it needs? I don't have a problem either way, just want to make
sure we are handling this properly. Thank you for your assistance.
--
Nate Swenson
Systems Administrator