Mail::OpenDKIM

From: Nigel Horne <njh_at_bandsman.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:52:56 -0400

You may have been wondering why I've been going through the documentation for libOpenDKIM with a fine toothed comb. It is because I've been re-implementing part of the Mail::DKIM CPAN Module to use OpenDKIM instead. The work is now complete, so it is now possible to use OpenDKIM from a Perl program. The code has been released as open source; it is available via http://www.mailermailer.com/labs/projects/Mail-OpenDKIM.rwp.

I have been more thorough with the testing on the signing side than on the verification side, since that's the initial need here. I've written another CPAN module (Mail::OpenDKIM::Signer), which is like Mail::DKIM but uses OpenDKIM to do the legwork.

Initial findings show a 4-fold increase by using Mail::OpenDKIM over Mail::DKIM.

The code requires OpenDKIM 2.3.x.

-Nigel