Re: /etc/init.d/opendkim fails to start opendkim when run over ssh with a pseudo-tty

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe I need to read up on something, but I can't imagine why allocating a
pty prior to fork() and exec() of opendkim would prevent it from starting
or operating properly, especially since it replaces descriptors 0, 1 and 2
with /dev/null and calls setsid() immediately after it fork()s into the
background.

Does anything get logged during the failure to start?

-MSK