RE: /etc/init.d/opendkim fails to start opendkim when run over ssh with a pseudo-tty

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:08:57 -0700

Assuming it's using our contrib/init/redhat/opendkim script, it uses the "daemon" function as imported from /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions. It's possible that varies from one distribution to another, and it's possible they're using some other script of their own making altogether.

The author of our version is on this list; hopefully he'll reply to this thread to comment further.