Re: OpenDKIM v2.3.1 released

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:45:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011, Gary Mills wrote:
> It's bug 3258459 `bogus response from opendkim-2.3.1'.

I've attached a patch to the bug. The patch suppresses in-progress
messages until the EOM phase. If you (or someone) can confirm it works,
I'll set up for a 2.3.2 release in a couple of weeks.

Just to explain further: There are four milter timeouts to be aware of:
connect, send, receive, EOM. During EOM, when the MTA is waiting for
replies from the filter, both the receive (default 10s) and EOM (default
5m) timeouts are in effect; the "progress" message only resets the former
and not the latter. Since EOH doesn't have its own timeout, there's no
way to give the filter some leeway during the DNS work done in EOH without
extending the milter timeout, which has to be done in the MTA directly.

-MSK