Re: OpenDKIM v2.3.1 released

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:10:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011, Gary Mills wrote:
> I've built successfully opendkim-2.3.1 for Solaris 10 and just begun
> testing it. One curious error appeared in /var/log/syslog in response
> to a test message to autorespond+dkim_at_dk.elandsys.com:

I think I know what this is. Please open a bug report so we can track it.

The filter is equipped to send a "p" message back to the MTA when it's
working on a DNS query that takes a while. The "p" message to milter
means "progress", as in "the operation is in progress, I'm not dead, don't
time out yet", sort of a heartbeat operation. Apparently, though, doing
so during the end-of-headers ("eoh") phase is not allowed, so we'll have
to suppress that.

There's a constant called CBTIMEOUT in opendkim.h that governs how often
this is sent. You can increase it to 9 if this is a persistent problem,
until we get a patch out. That should prevent it from being sent during
"eoh" for most cases.

-MSK