RE: opendkim getting hardfail with Google

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:32:59 -0800

The mechanism in 2.3.0 is to make no changes if ReplaceRules isn't defined; however, ReplaceRules affects all header fields if it is defined.

The new mechanism adds a second setting called ReplaceHeaders. The two interact as follows:

- If ReplaceRules isn't defined, nothing happens (as before).
- If ReplaceRules is defined but ReplaceHeaders isn't defined, all header fields are affected (as before).
- If both are defined, only those header fields named in the ReplaceHeaders data set are affected (new).

Thus, I think the current design preserves backward compatibility.

-MSK