Re: OpenDKIM + dk-milter = Overkill

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:53:55 -0800

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:19 PM, J.D. Falk
<jdfalk-lists_at_cybernothing.org> wrote:
> No, the people at Yahoo! who worked on DomainKeys also worked on DKIM -- and we're still around.
>
> The difference is that we felt comfortable placing the icon when the signature was tied to the From: header (DK), and not so comfortable when it's not (DKIM sans ADSP.)  This was entirely a usability decision: users see From: and they see the icon, they don't see anything else.
>
> I don't know what the current Yahoos' plans are, but I suspect that increased adoption of ADSP will eventually make them comfortable with the icon again.
>
> I do, however, know (direct from current Yahoos) that the myth about improved deliverability for DK and not DKIM is entirely untrue, and will always be untrue.  Sadly, they haven't taken my advice to start slowly decreasing deliverability for messages signed with DK only.

Hi, JD. Thanks for chiming in on the discussion, and for helping
dispel some of the myths.

Does "the myth about improved deliverability for DK and not DKIM is
entirely untrue" also mean that Yahoo! deliverability with DKIM only
is identical to deliverability with DK + DKIM (all other things being
equal, of course)?

Thanks,

SteveJ