Re: key data is not secure

From: Chris <ctlajoie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:54:13 -0700

Thanks for the help! I had forgotten I re-generated the key, but did
not also re-do the chmod step.

Steve, thanks for the great guide, it was exactly what I needed to get
this set up.
I did change a few things from your guide, but I tend to do that, just
to suit my preferences. I think it also helps me get a better
understanding of what I'm doing, rather than just reproducing someone
else's results by copy/paste. For the record, my renaming things from
the guide was not what caused my issue ;)

BTW I modified the /etc/init.d/opendkim script to prevent it from
starting multiple instances. All that was necessary was to add a
--pidfile arg to the daemon function call. So in the start() function,
my daemon line looks like this:
daemon --pidfile=$PID_FILE $DAEMON -x /etc/opendkim.conf

I would also like to add a 'reload' argument to this script, so I can
reload the opendkim config without interrupting anything.
I read in the manpage that I can send signal SIGUSR1 to the process to
trigger a config reload. I was only able to get this to work if I
signaled the *child* process, however. When I send this signal to the
parent process, it is terminated (with the child left running). Is
this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Chris