Re: fixCRLF

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:55:05 -0800

At 08:57 30-11-10, R.A. Imhoff wrote:
>I was wondering about the function of the FixCRLF option in openDKIM.conf

When FixCRLF is enabled, the DKIM library convert bare CRs and LFs to
CRLFs during body canonicalization, anticipating that an MTA
somewhere before delivery will do that conversion anyway.

>I would have imagined that the intention of FixCRLF would be to
>allow the DKIM encoding to succeed irrespective of the EOL codes
>being used in a sending script ?

The intention is to ensure that a line ends with a CRLF on DKIM
signing as the MTA at the verification end may do that conversation
automatically, and invalidate the DKIM signature.

Regards,
-sm