Re: Domain name case sensitivity

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:35:01 -0700

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM, SM <sm_at_resistor.net> wrote:
> At 16:12 03-11-10, darxus_at_chaosreigns.com wrote:
>>
>> It means to add a newer release of a program / package, like opendkim, to
>> an older release of Ubuntu.  Lucid is the second most recent Ubuntu
>
> Backporting means taking a patch and applying it to a previous release, with
> modifications if that is necessary.

These are mostly meant for Darxus and whoever he asks to upgrade the version.

1. At 2.0.0, keylist was dropped and keytable/signingtable was added,
so there's no change in keytable operation since Lucid's 2.0.2 in that
regard.
2. opendkim-genzone gained ability to use entries in keytable if it's
defined (2.1.0).
3. ResignMailTo gained ability to use entries in keytable if it's
defined (2.1.0).
4. ***BIG*** Setting KeyTable causes Domain and Selector settings to
be ignored (2.2.0).
5. opendkim-testkey gained ability to use entries in keytable to
validate the entire keytable (2.2.0).

>> Is v2.2.1 extra reliable?  :)
> OpenDKIM is always extra reliable. :-)

Agreed, rock solid for me. I use it on multiple machines doing
inbound verifying, and I use it on multiple machines configured to use
SQL backends for signing customer generated outbound email with
customer signing domains. I also use it on internal corporate servers
to sign outbound billing, receipts, and newsletters, configured to use
local files for signing decisions.

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and