Re: Domain name case sensitivity

From: <darxus_at_chaosreigns.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 19:12:49 -0400

On 11/03, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> Not sure what it means to backport something newer. Did you mean create a patch to 2.0.2 that includes this fix?

It means to add a newer release of a program / package, like opendkim, to
an older release of Ubuntu. Lucid is the second most recent Ubuntu
release, and it is the most recent Long Term Support release, which means
among other things that it's supposed to be extra reliable.

Is v2.2.1 extra reliable? :)

LTS releases happen every two years, so... if it's not backported, I can't
use upper case in my domain for two years. As long as I stick to LTS
releases on my server, which I like to do.

Other obvious options, like building from a tarball, are just maintenance
complications I'm not willing to commit to. Like not automatically getting
the security updates for it.

No, but I know how and where to ask: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu

--
"Will I ever learn? I hope not, I'm having too much fun."
- Brent "Minime" Avis, motorcycle.com