Re: OpenDKIM v2.2.1 released

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:44:25 -0700

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Naresh V <nareshov_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Postfix: 2.7.1
> with milter_protocol = 6 in main.cf

I assume that:
1. You built the opendkim 2.1.x version on that machine with the same
sendmail devel libs
2. You did not change the postfix main.cf (it had protocol version 6
before the upgrade).
3. You can build opendkim 2.1.x again and install it and it runs properly.

If that is true, then I have two suspicions:
1. You have some older libmilter headers somewhere that the opendkim
2.2.1 configure script is finding that the older opendkim 2.1.x didn't
find.
2. opendkim is doing something different in the milter code, though
Murray would have to authoritatively affirm or deny that.

Have you tried changing the protocol version down to 5? You shouldn't
have to if it's finding the sendmail 8.14.4 libmilter headers and
libs, but if it works at 5, it seems to me that you're not using those
versions.

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and