RE: Handling mail from mailer daemons

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:48:16 -0700

The issue is actually different. It's not that MTA 2 changes the From: field based on an MTA feature; rather it's the fact that MTA 2 doesn't sign its bounces at all because DSNs are generated internally and thus don't go through the SMTP-side filters. In this case, that means DSNs go out unsigned, possibly in violation of MTA 2's advertised ADSP.

> MTA 1 could also detect that this is an automatic
> response and the ADSP report should not be sent.

Yes, I'm starting to think this is a reasonable feature to add.