OpenDKIM 2.1.3 fails to start due to KeyFile and Selector problems

From: Rolf E. Sonneveld <R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:42:13 +0200

Hi, all

when trying to start opendkim 2.1.3 for the first time I get the
following error:

Starting DomainKeys Identified Mail OpenDKIM (opendkim): opendkim:
/usr/local/etc/opendkim/opendkim.conf: KeyFile and Selector must both be
defined or both be undefined

In opendkim.conf I have both KeyFile and Selector as per the default:

KeyFile /var/db/dkim/example.private
Selector my-selector-name

Because I configured opendkim to use KeyTable and SigningTable, and
because of the comments above the KeyFile line, I thought opendkim would
ignore KeyFile and Selector.

Then, I disabled both in opendkim.conf. But now, when starting, I get
the following error:

Starting DomainKeys Identified Mail OpenDKIM (opendkim): opendkim:
/usr/local/etc/opendkim/opendkim.conf: Domain requires KeyFile and Selector

BTW: the definitions of KeyTable and SigningTable are:

KeyTable file:/usr/local/etc/opendkim/keytable
SigningTable refile:/usr/local/etc/opendkim/signingtable

So if I define them I get an error message and when I disable them, I
get another error message. What do I do wrong?

/rolf