Re: Some very early implementation report details from OpenDKIM

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:50:19 +0200

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> We’ve started gathering data from a few of our installations that have
> chosen to submit it to us. [...]
> Upcoming revisions to our collection mechanisms include:

It would also be interesting to include the Content-Transfer-Encoding, in
particular whether 7bit or 8bit.

BTW, on 2 Aug 2010 I wrote
> I've found that Courier-MTA rewrites messages more often than it's
> strictly required, and posted a possible solution*. I'll let the list
> know if that will sort an effect.

It turned out that rewriting is already configurable in Courier-MTA.
Rewriting options can be set globally or per-IP, but not based on signing vs
verifying considerations. Two interesting values of that option, for DKIM
purposes, are "7bit" and "none".