Re: How about A-R dkim-adsp's "header.from" value?

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:45:51 +0200

On 06/Jul/10 21:36, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> For ADSP, reporting "header.from" is the important thing. It's added to
> the registry by RFC5617. The domain in there is the relevant one in this
> context.

Unfortunately, RFC 5617 underspecifies that topic (e.g. what in case
of multiple "From"?). From a software development POV, a library
function may be the correct way to track such issue, e.g.
dkim_getheaderfrom(), similar to dkim_getdomain(). BTW, neither the
library does currently take into account multiple senders, but then
that's a software bug, in case, not a design issue.

> The limitations to the current code are that one can't configure a true
> "discard" (accept but drop) action; it always does a "reject" (5xx)
> action

I'm not familiar with Sendmail's design. On Courier-MTA, dropping is
achieved by marking all recipients as delivered.

> and there's no way to tell it not to bother including ADSP
> results in A-R. We have an open feature request for the former, but not
> the latter.

My filter is much simpler than opendkim, so I don't want to clutter it
with too many options. I'll keep a single option for either omitting
any action or do the "correct" one. I'll add a comment to the
relevant request.

> Feel free to open one if you like.

Rather, I opened one about the library function (ID: 3026287)