Re: error loading key ??

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Stephen eire wrote:
> I've just installed opendkim on an Ubuntu box using the settings that
> worked ok when I was testing under Debian and i'm getting error loading
> key 'ikey'
>
> The key file exists but I can't ascertain why i'm getting this error.
> What have I broken?

Unfortunately v2.0.2 didn't do a very good job at explaining why it failed
to read a key, only that the read did fail. v2.1.0 does a better job of
logging such information, so you could try updating.

If you can't update easily, there are other things to try. For example,
since the data appear to be intact, I would suggest (just as a starting
point) verifying that opendkim is able to open the private key file.
Using strace or truss or equivalent, watch for an open() call referencing
that file and see if an error is returned.

-MSK