RE: opendkim body hash did not verify problem

From: Dino Ciuffetti <dino_at_tuxweb.it>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:14:32 +0200 (CEST)

>> After posting to the courier-users list we have found that many MTA,
>> MDA,
>> distribution list software do body and header modifications that make
>> DKIM
>> signature unmatch (unuseful).

> It would be really helpful to us and to the DKIM working group if you
> could provide examples of the modifications you observed. Then it might
> be possible to update the protocol or recommend other courses of action
> for implementers that make DKIM more robust.

Sure.
Please have a look at the thread on courier-user list I was talking about,
it's fresh ("[courier-users] courier and DKIM"):

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=53590.151.50.62.209.1271189150.squirrel%40mail.tuxweb.it&forum_name=courier-users

In my case courier-mta (http://www.courier-mta.org/) is rewriting some
headers on mails coming from "gmail.com":

1) the header called "MIME-Version" become "Mime-Version" and it also
change position
2) the header called "Content-Type" change its value some way and its
position
3) a non existent header called "Content-Transfer-Encoding" get added by
courier

HTH
Ciao, Dino.

--
Dino Ciuffetti
Linux System Administrator and Architect