Re: how to build just libopendkim

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:19:23 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, x-opendkim_at_sidell.org wrote:
> Are there configuration options that will allow me to build just the
> library? I tried this:
>
> ./configure --without-milter --disable-filter
>
> but got these errors:
>
> checking for milter library and includes... checking for library
> containing smfi_register... no
> checking for library containing smfi_register... no
> configure: error: libmilter not found

It looks like we need to make two changes:

1) --disable-filter needs to imply --without-milter, just to be sane; and

2) the checks for smfi_register(), which were added recently, need to be
suppressed when --without-milter is given

Please open a bug on SourceForge for this. Fortunately the fix is easy
(it's already in test) and we're planning to do a release next week. I
can post a revised configure.ac and/or configure script to the bug report
once it's filed.

Thanks for the report!

-MSK