Re: large domain scaling

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah_at_zimbra.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:58:06 -0800

--On Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:53 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah_at_zimbra.com> wrote:

> --On Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:06 PM +1100 Daniel Black
> <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 17 December 2009 12:43:41 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>>> Feel free to open up a feature request on SourceForge and we'll look at
>>> getting this into a future release. "When" depends really on finding
>>> the appropriate resources (reference materials and code contribution in
>>> the case of LDAP, development and testing time in any case).
>>>

>> Quanah,
>>
>> This sounds like a great feature. Thanks for highlighting our little
>> deficiency and ldap sounds like a great feature.
>>
>> Do you envision that the key be looked up for every email sent, a ~1 days
>> worth of caching or some runtime control of 'new key for domain X'?
>>
>> Happy to hear what other features you'd like too.
>>
>> The things I had planned was a bit of internal restructuring to get async
>> going on dns and perhaps database as well as tpa labels.
>
> Hi Daniel & Murray,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I'll definitely open up a feature request
> on SF, and I'll put thoughts on design, etc, in there.

Ok, I've added:

<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2917224&group_id=269812&atid=1147701>

with some initial thoughts. I'm on vacation for the next two weeks, so I
won't be responding to any updates until next year.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer