Re: Install Issue

From: Daniel Black <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:30:17 +1100

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 14:09:51 Roman Gelfand wrote:
> When running ./configure, I get the following messages,
>
> checking for library containing ERR_peek_error... -lcrypto
> checking for library containing SSL_library_init... no
> configure: error: libssl not found
>
> libssl.a is there, but doesn't contain the above symbols. Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

Roman,

The other approach I should of mentioned was configuring with --disable-
shared. Linking static libraries into shared libraries is prohibited on some
platforms, like Linux x86_64, due to lack of PIC (Position independent code).

Hope you got through this one way or another and its working well for you.
Suggested improvements welcome.

Daniel