Re: OpenDKIM v1.2.0-Beta0 available

From: Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jose-Marcio.Martins_at_mines-paristech.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:09:53 +0100

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

I don't use /usr/sfw as the solaris openssl installation is very old and
doesn't include sha256. It's same on sparc and x86.

Just at /usr/local/ssl. But look at config.log :

>> configure:14600: checking openssl/ssl.h usability
>> configure:14617: cc -xc99=all -c -I/usr/local/ssl/include -g

..

>> configure:14642: checking openssl/ssl.h presence
>> configure:14657: cc -xc99=all -E conftest.c

It runs the compiler twice. The first one it has the option "-I...", but
  not the second one. This is the problem.

> I think the warnings are an artifact of the Sun C compiler, not an actual problem. I don't get that warning on any of my other test systems.

This may become a problem in later versions of autoconf.

>> although it seems to find the good ssl installation, it rants against
>> headers and the library, which it doesn't find.
>>
>> configure:14980: cc -xc99=all -o conftest -I/usr/local/ssl/include -g
>> -L/usr/lo
>> cal/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto conftest.c -lssl -ldl -lcrypto >&5
>> "conftest.c", line 91: warning: statement not reached
>> Undefined first referenced
>> symbol in file
>> socket /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(rand_egd.o)
>> connect /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(rand_egd.o)
>> shutdown /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(bss_sock.o)
>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
>
> This is probably a bug in our configure script; when checking for libcrypto, it needs to try with other libraries it had discovered before (e.g. libsocket). We're probably dropping them to try to isolate which specific libraries are needed to resolve specific libcrypto symbols. I'll send you a revised configure script to try shortly.

Well, this happens only when using the *static* version of openssl
libraries, not the sfw ones...

I'll send you (tomorrow, probably) results from the X86 machine. But
it's the same, and I think it comes from using static openssl libraries.

  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  Ecole des Mines de Paris
  60, bd Saint Michel                      75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06
  mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins_at_mines-paristech.fr