Re: OK to set /var/run/opendkim to group accessible and executable?

From: Steve Jenkins <steve_at_stevejenkins.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:05:29 -0700

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
wrote:

> You can do the same thing in main.cf, it's just a question of pointing
> smtpd_milters= at the TCP socket rather than the Unix socket.
>
> Another advantage of TCP sockets is that if postfix is in a chroot (the
> default
> configuration in Debian and Ubuntu and maybe elsewhere), TCP sockets just
> magically work while you have to arrange for the Unix socket to be
> available
> inside the chroot. In my opinion, TCP sockets are 'easier' than Unix
> sockets.

Thx, Scott. Upon further research, it's looking like using
'inet:localhost:8891' in main.cf DOES connect to the TCP socket:

http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

(search that page for TCP)

Am I reading that right?

Thx,