Re: CentOS 7 Compile Issues

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 00:10 -0400

On Friday, July 18, 2014 17:46:29 Steve Jenkins wrote:
> CentOS 7 is released, and so I'm working on getting OpenDKIM into the EPEL
> repo for the new OS.
>
> My first step is always just manually configuring and then compiling it.
>
> I did:
>
> ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/var
>
> and things looked OK until:
>
> checking bsd/string.h usability... no
> checking bsd/string.h presence... no
> checking for bsd/string.h... no
> checking for strlcat... no
> checking for library containing strlcat... no
> checking for library containing strlcpy... no
> checking for strlcpy... no
> checking for library containing strlcat... (cached) no
> checking for library containing strlcpy... (cached) no
> configure: error: no strlcpy/strlcat found
>
> Grrr...
>
> Tried installing libbsd-dev, but "No package libbsd-dev available."
>
> Creative ideas?

Figure out where libbsd went?

When we looked at the current approach (where Murray dropped his local copies
of strlcat/strlcpy) we surveyed all the major distros and they had it. IMO,
using a system libbsd is a much better idea, so I think step 1 is figure out
why it's not available for CentOS 7 (IIRC, it was for CentOS 6).

Scott K