Re: need libstrl

From: Steve Jenkins <steve_at_stevejenkins.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:25:06 -0800

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>wrote:

> Is there a patch we should apply to contrib/spec/opendkim.spec to fix this?

Actually, it's probably not worth the effort to patch
contrib/spec/opendkim.spec -- since that's the "super generic" version of
the spec file, and it never contained those references to libstrl.so (I had
put those in the Fedora specific spec file a while back, but have yanked
them out and now simply require libbsd-devel on the build, which fixes it).

However, since all current Fedora distros (F18-20) use systemd, but
RHEL/CentOS 5 and 6 both still rely on SystemV, I've actually branched the
development and maintenance of OpenDKIM spec files into two separate
projects because of the wide differences between them:

https://github.com/stevejenkins/OpenDKIM-Fedora

https://github.com/stevejenkins/OpenDKIM-SysV

Here's a gist with the current differences between them (I try to keep as
consolidated a file as I can, and then comment particular lines based on
the version)

https://gist.github.com/stevejenkins/8043731

So.... bottom line is I'm not sure what to do with that generic contrib
spec file. In its current form, and based on the currently divided state
between "current" RPM-based distros, I'm not sure how useful it is. You're
welcome to incorporate current versions of my spec files if you think it
might be useful. Or not. I'm cool with whatever. :)

SteveJ