Re: Building with DB on CentOS/RHEL

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:56:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2013, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On a current Ubuntu system, it looks like this:
>
> $ pkg-config --print-variables libmemcached
> exec_prefix
> prefix
> libdir
> includedir
>
> It would be useful (I think) to see what you get on a RHEL/CentOS system even
> if you can't do it in the actual build environment.

Based on the build log Steve originally posted, it looks as though it
finds the right include (insofar as there's no error that
libmemcached/memcached.h wasn't found), but some typedefs found in there
were missing or disabled.

The particular error is that the type "memcached_return_t" isn't defined.
On my development box (which is FreeBSD), that's in
libmemcached/constants.h.

My system doesn't use those RPMs so I can't reproduce this myself. If
someone wants to give me credentials to a machine where this is happening,
I can take a look.

-MSK