Re: Building with DB on CentOS/RHEL

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:42:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2013, Steve Jenkins wrote:
> It seems the build thinks it found the libmemcached
> installation when it fact it didn't, or there's a
> communications problem between pkg-config and our
> configure.  The output of "pkg-config --print-variables
> <libmemcached-package-name>" would also be helpful.
>
> libmemcached-0:0.31-1.1.el5.i386
> libmemcached-devel-0:0.31-1.1.el5.i386
>
> Any thoughts on this? I've got the Fedora pkgs ready to submit, but the
> RHEL/CentOS packages are being held up by this issue. I could remove the
> libmembcached support from those packages, but I'd rather see if there's a
> way to fix the issue on this build instead.

Without being able to see the logs or reproduce this, I'd be guessing.

If you install those RPMs on a machine to which you do have access, what
do you get when you run:

         pkg-config --print-variables libmemcached
         pkg-config --print-variables libmemcached-devel

The output of these might point to a bug in our configure script's use of
pkg-config output.

-MSK