Re: Building with DB on CentOS/RHEL

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:57:08 -0700

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2013, Steve Jenkins wrote:
>
>> opendkim-db.c: In function 'dkimf_db_open':
>> opendkim-db.c:1950: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
>> 'dkimf_trimspaces' differ in signedness
>>

> These can all be ignored, though I should really clean them up one day.
>

> opendkim-db.c:3053: warning: unused variable 'ns'
>>

> Fixed.
>

> opendkim-db.c: In function 'dkimf_db_get':
>> opendkim-db.c:5089: error: 'memcached_return_t' undeclared (first use in
>> this function)
>> opendkim-db.c:5089: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
>> once
>> opendkim-db.c:5089: error: for each function it appears in.)
>> opendkim-db.c:5089: error: expected ';' before 'ret'
>> opendkim-db.c:5102: error: 'ret' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>

> It looks like USE_LIBMEMCACHED is defined.
>
> Can you attach your config.log?

Since I'm doing this in a mockbuild environment, I can just take what it
gives me, and I don't think it saves the config log. Although, I'll look
for a way to override the settings that delete everything on exit. I'm
attaching all the output from the mockbuild.

> I'm not getting the problem in the Fedora version, and the only different
>> in
>> the build requirements is that on Fedora I'm requiring libdb-devel to be
>> installed in the spec file vs. db4-devel on CentOS (becuse libdb isn't
>> available).
>>
>> My configure line is:
>>
>> %configure --with-unbound --with-libmemcached --with-db
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> It seems the build thinks it found the libmemcached installation when it
> fact it didn't, or there's a communications problem between pkg-config and
> our configure. The output of "pkg-config --print-variables
> <libmemcached-package-name>" would also be helpful.

 Again, I don't think I can run that command on the mock system, but there
is a file in this tarball showing available and installed packages on the
mock system. Lemme know if this helps.

SteveJ