Re: converting all newlines to CRLF

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 23:55:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Vinubalaji Gopal wrote:
> Some time back I had brought up this issue of newline folded headers
> causing a different behavior for opendkim-test vs opendkim -t. I am
> attaching a patch which converts all newlines without a leading carriage
> return to CRLF. I am also attaching the original message which causes
> this strange behavior. I did notice that dkim_header does do something
> similar of converting the newlines to CRLF, but for some reason that is
> not sufficient and doing it in dkim_chunk works.

The issue with the input message is that some of the lines are
CRLF-terminated and some are not. This inconsistency is pretty unusual.
Shouldn't they all be the same? That's certainly what the library
expects.

I'm a little wary of changing working code to handle strange input like
the case you're describing here. Shouldn't the calling application be
fixed?

-MSK