Re: Fwd: [SCM] opendkim branch, develop, updated. 3fb02de7467854fc70e0a7ebf5fe66357efa260e

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:57:03 -0500

On Saturday, February 23, 2013 08:38:48 AM Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2013, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > Don't switch the flag to mean the opposite of what it used to.
> >
> > Since it would (I presume) override what's in the config file, it can
> > still mean what it did before so that someone who didn't normally want
> > logging and had it disabled in the config file could use the flag to
> > temporarily enable it.
>
> That's still "default off" though (which means no change since 2.7.4),
> because then either the command line flag or the config file has to turn
> it on for logging to happen.
>
> Is your suggestion then to just change the sample configuration file to
> enable logging?

I will confess to not having done a thorough investigation before commenting.

I had assumed that with your 2.8 change if it's neither mentioned in the config
file nor is there a command line override, logging would now be on (the
opposite of previous releases). Then the config file could override that
default (turn it off). Then (what I was suggesting) was that -l could
temporarily turn it back on.

I do think the sample config file should be updated to match the new default.

Scott K