Re: OpenDKIM 2.8.0 Beta5 available

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 01:05:22 -0500

On Friday, February 15, 2013 09:36:08 PM Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > dkim-cache.c: In function 'dkim_cache_stats':
> > dkim-cache.c:521:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'free' [-
> > Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> > dkim-cache.c:521:4: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
> > function 'free' [enabled by default]
>
> Patch attached.
>
> > util.c: In function 'dkimf_mkpath':
> > util.c:1016:3: warning: ignoring return value of 'getcwd', declared with
> > attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
>
> Ditto.
>
> > And a linking error on Ubuntu (not on Debian). This is apparently
> > related to recent changes in binutils, but I'm still investigating. If
> > it turns out to be something that needs fixing in opendkim (I don't know
> > if it does for sure yet or not), I can probably produce a configure.ac
> >
> > patch to find the lib and add it for linking:
> >[...]
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld: opendkim_genzone-opendkim-db.o: undefined reference to symbol
> > 'ber_pvt_opt_on_at__at_OPENLDAP_2.4_2'
> > /usr/bin/ld: note: 'ber_pvt_opt_on_at__at_OPENLDAP_2.4_2' is defined in DSO
> > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/liblber-2.4.so.2 so try adding it to the linker
> > command line
> > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/liblber-2.4.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid
> > operation
>
> Yeah, nothing changed in that code for us recently. I would think liblber
> would be automatically included by libldap (via libtool) so maybe this was
> a package change with OpenLDAP or something in the interim?

It wasn't a change in opendkim or openldap (openldap didn't change since the
last one that worked). libtool didn't change either. There is a recent
binutils change that I think is relevant, but I don't know yet if it's a case
of a bad change in binutils or an intentional change that will turn out to be
upstream claiming we were relying on something that should never have worked.

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Scott K