v2.4.3 pre-release available

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:35:20 -0800 (PST)

A 2.4.3 tarball is available in the Pre-Releases directory for people to
try. Of the 392 commits since 2.4.2, I cherry-picked the ones that either
fix something major or improve documentation somehow, and left the rest
for 2.5.0. A "make distcheck" which runs all the unit test and full
install/uninstall tests is clean, so I'm hopeful.

All of the fixes are already in v2.5.0 and are thus being executed already
by the Beta testers, so I don't think an extended Beta period is
necessary.

If there's no feedback before Monday, I'll post it then. I'm now aiming
for a mid-January release for v2.5.0.

Happy Holidays.,

-MSK