Re: do we block ourself ?

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:22:35 -0800

At 15:00 13-12-2011, Andreas Schulze wrote:
>Is there some documentation about the core design?

I don't think so.

At 14:58 13-12-2011, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>Yes, a whitelist might be a good idea to add here. I'll work that in.

Thanks.

>Note that reputation rejections are only temp-fails, forcing the
>domain to remain within its expected behaviours. These messages
>aren't bouncing. And as I told Andreas, the temp-fail counts are reset hourly.

The temp-fail is not a major issue. However, we should consider an
approach that does not impact timely delivery of messages if there
are traffic bursts. For example, I may have sent one message to a
recipient weekly. And then I get into a rapid exchange with the
recipient. Would that burst be less visible when there is
aggregation of domain traffic and the temp-fail be avoidable with the
existing approach?

Regards,
-sm