Re: Beta1: FeatureRequest

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 06:59:52 -0800

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:
>>> What do other chroot-aware packages do with respect to this kind of
>>> thing?
>> I think the most well known (or at least one *everyone* should be using)
>> in this manner is ISC Bind. My suggestion would be to "WWBD?" - What would
>> bind do? :)
> My recollection is that it doesn't do anything; it assumes you have the
> chroot already set up, so it just calls chroot(), drops privileges, and
> starts running.  That's what opendkim does now.

In the case of rpms, an opendkim-chroot package could provide
everything necessary, so that's very simple. Murray, I think a simple
opendkim chroot installation shell script could serve as a basic guide
for populating the chroot.

Regards... Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the